Reading #2124 4-8-4, constructed in 1948
Reading #2124, shown here on October 25, 1959, was known as "Queen of the Iron Horse Rambles". The Iron Horse Rambles were steam powered excursions throughout the Reading system and these photographs depict the first of these post war excursions that lasted until 1964. This particular excursion was on the Perkiomen branch running from near Phoenixville to Emmaus near Allentown, Pennsylvania.
From Reading Railroad